Tuesday 16 September 2014

Take a break

Hello Lovelies!

I am so aware that I've been rubbish at keeping any sort of routine with my posts recently. This week I'm moving into a new house for my second year of university and to be honest I've been a bit overwhelmed! Having four months off has felt a bit strange, so once I'm settled back into uni life I'll hopefully get into a routine.

Whether it involves school, uni, work, family etc., life can get pretty busy from time to time. Sometimes it all gets a bit much and this week my body has been telling me to chill out for a minute. I've realised how important it is to take a minute to relax and you have to listen to your body sometimes whether you want to or not! Taking a day to yourself to get bits and bobs done, or just catching up on that programme you missed last week can really make a difference. I find if I get too stressed about getting things done I spend so much time worrying about it that nothing actually gets done at all! 

It's okay to want a little 'me time', and taking a break makes everything feel a lot more manageable. This year I'm definitely going to make sure I take breaks because sometimes I'm a bit of a workaholic and forget to slow down. Even if you feel like you can cope, don't forget to relax and take a break once in a while, because we're only human and I think we forget that sometimes.


No comments:

Post a Comment