Thursday 31 July 2014

Bedroom Haul

Hello lovelies!


Soon I'll be moving into a new house for my second year of University, so naturally I took this opportunity to go shopping and buy a few new things for my bedroom. I pretty much had the whole room planned out in my mind until I saw it for the first time and realised the walls were mint green. Let's just say green wouldn't have been my first choice but you can't repaint a student house, so I'll work with it!






1. Grey Patchwork Throw| £17 I bought this grey quilt from Primark and fell in love with it (I'll admit the bow partly drew me to it). It has patches of various patterns including florals and checks. My room is the smallest of the house, so the bed will probably be the main focus, and I thought the quilt would make it look really pretty. 



2. Jewellery Insert| £8 I recently took a trip to IKEA and despite the sometimes frustrating one-way system, I really enjoyed it. I bought this felt tray to organise my jewellery which fits nicely in my drawers. I've been looking for a better way to store my jewellery for a while, as everything was starting to get tangled in my jewellery box and getting anything out of it was a bit of a nightmare. So far this is working really well and I can see what I've got a lot better.


3. 'Home' Cushion| £6 I loveee having cushions on my bed because I like to make it as cosy as possible. I saw this cushion in Primark and loved it (it also matched the colour of my quilt which was a bonus). At University it's sometime hard not to get homesick, so I thought having this cushion in my room might make it feel a little more homely. 



4. Storage Boxes| £7 This year I sometimes found it hard to keep my room tidy (especially given how small it was). With a growing collection of beauty products I needed somewhere to store them. I thought these boxes from IKEA would be really helpful, and so far I've found it's made my room feel so much more organised. I bought two because I didn't think all my products would fit in one (stereotypical female right here). This should really help keep my room organised- compact storage is definitely necessary in a 9 person house!



5. Duvet cover sets| £12 each I've always had a single bed and I'm finally moving into a room with a double bed which I'm so excited about. Obviously this means I needed to buy new duvet covers for a double bed. The first one (right) is from Asda's Home section, which distracted from my food shopping as per. It has a mixture of patches including floral and stripe patterns which I'm praying don't clash with my walls, we'll see! The second one (left) was from primark and I love the grey lace pattern at the top. The rest of the duvet has small grey flowers on it, which fits really well with the grey floral theme I seem to have unintentionally gone for!


This is just a small selection of what I'll have in my room, obviously I will incorporate a bit of colour other than grey! I'm also planning to cover my room with fairy lights but that goes without saying. 

Hope you enjoyed this haul, let me know what you think!



No comments:

Post a Comment